Many individuals who are dissatisfied with the appearance of their stomach area choose to undergo a Tummy Tuck (abdominoplasty) to contour and shape their abdominal region.
Germany is a popular destination for this type of surgery, as it offers highly skilled surgeons who perform the procedure at cost-effective prices.
In this article, we will provide valuable information about Tummy Tuck surgery, including the different types available, as well as the cost of a Tummy Tuck in Germany. We will also include before-and-after pictures of Abdominoplasty to give you a better understanding of the procedure and realistic results. Let's begin!
What is a Tummy Tuck?
A Tummy Tuck, also known as Abdominoplasty, is a surgical procedure that aims to achieve a flatter and firmer abdomen. The procedure involves a combination of liposuction to remove excess fat and removal of loose skin in the abdominal area. The abdominal muscles are also tightened during the surgery. The procedure typically takes 2-5 hours and is considered to be more expensive than liposuction alone. If you are interested in learning more about liposuction specifically, please refer to our dedicated article on liposuction in Berlin.
Types of Tummy Tuck Surgery (Abdominoplasty)
There are different types of Tummy Tuck procedures, including:
1. Full Tummy Tuck
This is the most common type of Tummy Tuck, but it is also a more complex procedure than a standard one. During a Full Tummy Tuck, the plastic surgeon not only removes excess fat and tightens the skin, but also sutures the muscles of the abdominal wall. The belly button is repositioned in this procedure.
2. Mini Tummy Tuck
This is considered a less complicated procedure than a full Tummy Tuck and is the preferred method for patients who do not have a significant excess of fatty tissue, but have a cosmetic defect in the form of excess skin below the belly button. The navel is not displaced in this procedure.
3. Reversive Tummy Tuck
This type of tummy tuck is often used for patients who have lost a significant amount of weight and suffer from sagging of the upper abdomen and chest. During a Reverse Tummy Tuck, an incision is made in the skin folds under the breast, which allows abdominal plastic surgery with breast augmentation and lift to be performed simultaneously.
Things You Should Know Before Your Abdominoplasty in Berlin
- Germany is a popular destination for Tummy Tuck surgery due to its large population of 86 million and the presence of highly experienced plastic surgeons. The private clinics offer high comfort levels for patients during their recovery time.
- However, it's important to note that a Tummy Tuck surgery is not recommended for women who plan to have more children in the future.
- Tummy Tuck procedures are also available for men.
- It should also be noted that this surgery is not a weight loss method, but rather a cosmetic procedure that helps to sculpt the waist and create a firmer abdominal profile. It can also help reduce or remove pregnancy stretch marks or c-section scars on the abdomen.
- A healthy, stable and normal body mass index (BMI) is what makes a patient a good candidate for the surgery.
- Although the Abdominoplasty procedure can help contour the abdomen, it is important to maintain a healthy diet and exercise regimen after the procedure.
- The procedure leaves a large scar across the lower abdomen, and it’s vital that patients keep in mind that it is a plastic surgery procedure with a higher risk of complications such as infection, bleeding, hematoma, seroma, soft tissue necrosis, and wound healing problems.
- Patients should refrain from drinking alcohol and smoking for at least 2 months before and after the surgery.
- Doctors also strongly advise that physical activity should be avoided for the first 2 weeks to avoid negatively affecting the stitches and healing process.
- You should plan at least 7 days for your Tummy Tuck surgery in Berlin and be prepared to wear a compression garment for several weeks after the procedure.
- Full recovery takes several months, and it is normal to feel pain and tension in the abdominal area during the first weeks after the surgery.
- Swelling, soreness, and redness are also common.
- During the first 4–5 days after the surgery, patients should remain in bed with their head and legs elevated and avoid exposure of the operated area to sunlight.
- Stitches are normally removed after 10–14 days, and only then can patients take a shower. Taking baths should be postponed for 1.5 months. Sauna and solarium visits as well as full-scale sports are not allowed for at least 6 months.
- Most patients see the settled and final results six months after the surgery.
Procedure of a Tummy Tuck in Berlin
The first step in undergoing an Abdominoplasty surgery is to submit your medical history and pictures of your body to your plastic surgeon. This will allow them to determine whether you are a good candidate for the procedure and which type of Tummy Tuck is suitable for you.
During an online consultation with your plastic surgeon, you will discuss the risks and benefits of the procedure, your expectations, and the best method for your specific case.
Once you arrive in Berlin, you will meet with your surgeon for an examination of your abdomen. Your surgeon will ensure that the chosen type of Tummy Tuck is the best option for you. After the examination, you can leave the clinic.
In most cases, the surgery is scheduled for the following day. You will need to arrive with an empty stomach, as an Abdominoplasty is performed under general anesthesia. After a blood test, you will be prepared for the surgery. The duration of a regular Tummy Tuck ranges between 2 and 5 hours, depending on the complexity of the surgery.
After the surgery, you can expect to spend 1–2 nights in the clinic under medical supervision. Your attending physician will inform you about aftercare and remove the drains before you are discharged from the hospital.
After 1–2 days, you will return to the clinic for one last examination of the operated area.
How Much is a Tummy Tuck in Berlin?
Like any procedure, this can vary depending on the type of Abdominoplasty, the surgeon's experience and reputation, and the clinic where the procedure is performed. It is important to keep in mind that the price should not be the only factor considered when choosing a surgeon and clinic for Tummy Tuck surgery but also the surgeon's qualifications, experience and reviews from previous patients.
Tummy Tuck Before and After Pictures
get a Free consultation
We would be pleased to talk about your expectations.
You can contact us by phone or Whatsapp +90 537 977 89 75, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the contact form.
We will respond to your request within less than 48 hours.
Note: Our contracted hospitals, clinics and physicians will get in touch with you regarding the treatment you have requested.