A Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures that are designed to help women restore their pre-pregnancy bodies. The most common procedures included in a mommy makeover are breast augmentation, breast lift, tummy tuck, and liposuction. The procedure plan that the patient chooses is designed for their specific needs.
In Berlin, the cost of a mommy makeover is relatively affordable compared to other countries, making it a popular destination for patients from all over the world.
Overall, a mommy makeover can help women restore their pre-pregnancy bodies and improve their self-confidence. However, it is important to have realistic expectations, understand the risks and benefits, and choose a qualified doctor. In this article, we will explain all you need to know and more.
What is a Mommy Makeover?
When a patient seeks out a Mommy Makeover procedure, she is actually finding not one, but a bundle of procedures that have been combined to help target areas affected by pregnancy. As each body is special and unique, so is the bundle offered to her under this umbrella term. Each surgery and process will be specific to what the patient needs.
There are various routes the patient can take, from completing the surgery in one day to scheduling it to be done over several sessions. These depend both on the complexity of the surgeries required as well as the patient's desire and timeline.
Surgeries That Are Often Involved in a Mommy Makeover Procedure are...
1. Breast Surgery
This can include breast augmentation, breast lift or breast reduction. The goal is to restore the shape and volume of the breasts that may have changed due to pregnancy and breastfeeding.
2. Tummy Tuck
Also known as abdominoplasty, this procedure removes excess skin and fat from the abdominal area, tightens the abdominal muscles, and improves the appearance of stretch marks.
- Read more on our dedicated page about
This procedure removes stubborn pockets of fat that may not respond to diet and exercise. Liposuction can be performed on various areas of the body, such as the hips, thighs, and back.
4. Vaginal Plastic Surgery
This procedure aims to improve the appearance and function of the vaginal area. It can include labiaplasty, vaginal tightening, and/or the repair of stress urinary incontinence.
Things You Should Know Before Your Mommy Makeover in Berlin
- Pursuing the treatments that fall under a Mommy Makeover requires patients to commit to a major surgical procedure, which also comes with a significant recovery period.
- Realitica expectations of recovery should include a two week break from work and avoidance of any strenuous activities for at least a few weeks.
- It is also important to consult with a qualified and experienced plastic surgeon to discuss the risks, benefits, and expectations of the procedure and to determine if you are a good candidate for the surgery.
- In Berlin, many highly experienced plastic surgeons perform Mommy Makeover procedures at affordable prices. The private clinics resemble more high-class hotels than hospitals, providing patients with the highest comfort for their recovery time.
- The Mommy Makeover is a combination of surgical procedures that can be performed together to address multiple areas of the body affected by pregnancy and childbirth.
- Advantages include going under anesthesia only once and a shorter overall recovery time. However, it is important to note that if you plan to have children in the future, you should wait to undergo the procedure. Additionally, you should be overall healthy and must have discontinued breastfeeding for at least 6 months prior to the procedure.
- It is important to be aware that the Mommy Makeover carries more risks and complications than individual procedures and it is highly recommended to only consider board-certified plastic surgeons and reputable clinics. In Berlin, there are many renowned clinics and highly qualified plastic surgeons with expertise in the field.
- Plan to take at least 8 days for the surgery and recovery period in Berlin. To avoid complications it is necessary to avoid alcohol and smoking at least 4 weeks before and after the surgery. The recovery period takes several months, and it is important to follow the aftercare instructions provided by the doctor.
- You will have to wear compression garments for 4-6 weeks and compression stockings for at least 5 days post-surgery. It is recommended to avoid the summer for having the surgery as it is not comfortable for the patient.
- Some procedures will leave a scar, and scar care is recommended after the stitches are removed within 7 to 14 days.
- Physical activity and full-scale sports are not allowed for at least 6 months, and the operated area should not be exposed to sunlight as it can negatively affect the healing process.
- It will take about 6 months to see final results, and the results are permanent or long-lasting depending on the surgery. However, please note that procedures like tummy tuck and liposuction are subject to weight changes.
Procedure of a Mommy Makeover in Berlin, Germany
The first step for your Mommy Makeover in Berlin is to send in your medical history and pictures of your body. During an online consultation, you and your plastic surgeon will discuss the risks and benefits of the procedure and determine if you are a good candidate for a mommy makeover. You will also talk about your expectations and desired shape, and decide what surgeries are needed to achieve them (Liposuction, Breast augmentation/lift, Tummy Tuck, Labiaplasty, Lipofilling, Vaginoplasty etc.).
Once you arrive in Berlin, you will be asked to the clinic for a consultation and an examination of your body. The Mommy Makeover surgery is typically scheduled for the next day. Since the procedure is performed under general anesthesia, you must come on an empty stomach. Before you are prepared for the surgery, a blood test will be performed.
The duration of a mommy makeover depends on how many surgeries are combined, but is usually between 3 and 8 hours. In most cases, you will spend 2 nights in the clinic under medical supervision. Before you are discharged from the clinic, your attending physician will check the operated areas, remove drains and inform you about aftercare.
In the days that follow, you will be asked to see your surgeon for another examination, during which your doctor may remove stitches. Before you leave for your home country, you will come to the clinic for a final check-up.
How Much is a Mommy Makeover in Berlin?
It's important to note that prices for a mommy makeover can vary depending on the specific procedures included, the surgeon's experience, and the location of the clinic. It is best to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon and make a decision which considers quality of care, safety, and the surgeon's qualifications and overall patient experience.
Mommy Makeover Before and After Pictures
get a Free consultation
We would be pleased to talk about your expectations.
You can contact us by phone or Whatsapp +90 537 977 89 75, email to email@example.com or by using the contact form.
We will respond to your request within less than 48 hours.
Note: Our contracted hospitals, clinics and physicians will get in touch with you regarding the treatment you have requested.