Due to the abundance of skilled oral surgeons and dentists, Germany has increasingly become a leading destination for dental care. This has resulted in a high availability of high-quality dental treatments, such as dental crowns, at affordable prices.
Here we provide detailed information about the treatment for dental crowns, including cost, the procedure and top clinics in Berlin. Additionally, readers will learn why Germany has become a top choice for dental tourism.
What is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is a type of dental restoration that is used to cover and protect a decayed or damaged tooth and is typically recommended when a tooth cannot be effectively treated with a filling or inlay.
A dental crown is made to look like a natural tooth and is custom-fit to the patient's tooth, covering the entire visible portion of the tooth above the gum line. To place a dental crown, the tooth must have a healthy nerve, be securely anchored in the jaw, and the surrounding gums must be healthy.
Things You Should Know Before Your Dental Crown Treatment in Germany
- Germany is known for its high-quality and affordable dental care, particularly in the field of dental crown treatment.
- The cost of a dental crown in Germany, particularly in Berlin, is significantly lower compared to Western countries.
- The dental clinics in Germany are equipped with state-of-the-art technology and staffed by experienced professionals, making it a top destination for dental tourism. Many of the clinics are comparable to 5-star hotels, with fully equipped facilities including X-ray devices and dental labs. This allows for treatments such as dental crowns, implants, and veneers to be done quickly and at a low cost.
- Berlin is known for its highly skilled laboratory technicians who create high-quality impressions for natural-looking, properly fitted dental crowns.
- The dental crown treatment can typically be completed in one visit, with a minimum stay of 2 days. This allows for the treatment to be easily combined with a sightseeing trip.
- After the procedure, the healing process usually only takes a few days, and some sensitivity in the mouth area is normal.
- The longevity of a dental crown depends on the material used and the patient's oral hygiene, with an average lifespan of 10 years.
Procedure of Dental Crown Treatment in Berlin, Germany
The initial step for dental crown treatment is to schedule an online consultation, during which you will be asked to provide pictures of your teeth and medical history. During the consultation, you will discuss the procedure and treatment plan with a dentist.
Once you arrive in Berlin, you will visit the dental clinic for a comprehensive exam, during which your treating dentist will evaluate the condition of the tooth that needs treatment, including its stability and vitality. This will help the dentist to plan the treatment and the materials that will be used for the crown.
During the exam, the dentist will typically take dental X-rays, 3D-images, or before and after pictures, take impressions and measurements of your teeth. You will also choose the color and material of the crown. This information will be used to create a custom-fit crown that meets your individual needs.
Before the permanent crown can be placed, the tooth must be prepared by removing some of the natural tooth structure. This procedure is performed under local anesthesia to ensure comfort during the procedure. Once the tooth is prepared, a temporary crown is placed on the tooth.
The permanent crown is usually ready the next day. The insertion of the new crown will be done under local anesthesia. The temporary crown will be removed, the tooth will be cleaned and prepared, and the new crown will be placed and fixed. The dentist will check for any pain or sensation of pressure and make any necessary adjustments. The patient will be given aftercare instructions at the end of the procedure.
Choose Your Clinic
Check out the best Hair Transplant clinics with MedClinics. Connect to trusted and global healthcare!
Cost of Dental Crown in Berlin, Germany
The price of a zirconium dental crown in Berlin starts at around 500 Euros and can cost up to 2,000 Euros.
In comparison, the cost of a zirconium crown of the same quality in Turkey starts at about 145 Euros.
get a Free consultation
We would be pleased to talk about your expectations.
You can contact us by phone or Whatsapp +90 537 977 89 75, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the contact form.
We will respond to your request within less than 48 hours.
Note: Our contracted hospitals, clinics and physicians will get in touch with you regarding the treatment you have requested.