Eyebrows play an important role in framing the eyes and can greatly impact the overall appearance of the face. For those who are not naturally blessed with thick eyebrows, an eyebrow transplant can be a long-lasting solution.
Berlin is considered a specialist in this field, thanks to the advanced technology of hair transplantation, including beard and eyebrow transplant, and the availability of top-notch service at reasonable prices. Some of the best clinics for eyebrow transplants can be found in Berlin.
On this page, we will introduce you to some of the best and trustworthy clinics in Berlin for eyebrow transplants. You will also learn important details you should know before your eyebrow transplant in Berlin, including the techniques, costs, and before-and-after pictures. Let's begin!
What Is an Eyebrow Transplant?
Eyebrow transplantation is a surgical procedure in which hair grafts are taken from a denser area of the scalp and transplanted to the desired area of the eyebrows. The goal of the procedure is to supplement sparse, deficient, or absent eyebrows.
The transplanted hair will typically come from the scalp, but in some cases, hair from other areas of the body such as the beard or chest may be used. The transplanted hair will grow in the new location and will be permanent, and will have the same characteristics as the hair that it was taken from.
Types of Eyebrow Transplants
There are several techniques for eyebrow transplantation, three of the most common are:
1. FUE (Follicular Unit Excision) Method
This is the most popular method for hair transplant of any kind, and is preferred for individuals who need to transplant a large amount of hair onto large areas of the eyebrow. The procedure is done by extracting individual hair follicles from the donor area, usually the back of the head, and transplanting them to the eyebrow area. This technique is considered painless and doesn’t leave a visible scar.
2. DHI (Direct Hair Implantation) Method
This method is commonly performed on people with small bald patches who need to thicken their eyebrows. It is done by using a special implanter pen to insert the hair grafts directly into the desired area without creating channels.
3. FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation) Method
This method involves removing a thin strip of skin from the back of the head and then dissecting it into individual hair grafts. The grafts are then transplanted to the desired area. This technique is less popular than FUE due to the visible scar that is left behind.
It's important to note that the method chosen may depend on the patient's individual needs, such as the amount of hair to be transplanted, the condition of the hair, and the patient's preference. You should discuss with your surgeon which method is best for you.
Things You Should Know Before Your Eyebrow Transplant Surgery in Berlin
- In recent years, Berlin has become a leading destination for those searching for eyebrow transplants and other cosmetic surgeries as the city has a high number of experts and clinics for these procedures.
- It is recommended to plan for at least 4 days in Berlin for the eyebrow transplant procedure, allowing for enough time for the surgery and recovery, as well as some sightseeing.
- To minimize the risk of complications, patients will be advised to refrain from alcohol and smoking at least 2 weeks before and after the treatment.
- It's important to follow the instructions provided by your surgeon to ensure a smooth recovery.
- Swelling is a common occurrence after eyebrow transplant surgery, but it can be minimized by following the instructions provided by the doctor.
- Recovery from the procedure is relatively short, and most patients can return to their normal activities within a day.
- In the first days after the eyebrow transplant, it is advisable to sleep with 2 or 3 pillows, with the head just above the height of the body, to minimize swelling and promote healing.
- After the eyebrow transplant procedure, the first washing of the operated area is typically done by specialists after about 2 days. After around one week, it is possible to wash your face by yourself, but it is important to follow the post-operative instructions provided by your surgeon.
- It is normal for the newly transplanted hair to fall out after 2 or 3 weeks, but new hair will grow in its place.
- To minimize pain and promote healing during recovery, it is recommended to refrain from strenuous physical activity, swimming, sauna, and anything else that causes sweating, scratching, rubbing, or touching the donor or implanted area. Exposure to direct sunlight should also be avoided.
- It is recommended to avoid sports exercises for at least 4 weeks after the procedure, to allow enough time for healing and recovery. The final results of the eyebrow transplant are usually visible after six months, but the full growth can take up to a year.
- It's important to note that eyebrow transplants do not last a lifetime, and the results can vary depending on the individual. Sometimes the result can last for years after the surgery, but in some cases, it may fade and the hair may fall out after two years.
- It's important to have realistic expectations and to discuss any concerns or questions with your surgeon before the procedure.
Procedure of Eyebrow Transplant Surgery in Berlin
The first step for your eyebrow transplant is to send in your medical history and pictures of your eyebrows and from the donor area. During an online consultation, you and your physician will discuss the risks and benefits of the procedure, as well as your wishes. This way, you will determine if you are a good candidate for an eyebrow transplant procedure and which type of eyebrow transplant is the right one for you.
After your arrival in Berlin, you will meet your medical consultant. The eyebrow transplant is typically scheduled for the next day. Remember to have a good breakfast, but be sure to avoid coffee. Once in the clinic, a blood test will be taken. Your doctor will examine your hair and eyebrows. After that, the decision on how many grafts are needed for your individual case can be finalized.
Then, you will be prepared for the treatment. The eyebrow transplantation is performed under local anesthesia, which is why you should not feel any pain. The duration of a regular eyebrow transplant ranges from 2 to 4 hours. A bandage is put on your head. Afterwards, you will be informed about aftercare and can leave the clinic.
The following 2 days, you will be asked to come in for a postoperative control and a final check-up on the operated area. During this examination, your eyebrows will be washed, and your bandage will be changed.
How Much Is an Eyebrow Transplant in Berlin?
In Berlin, the cost for a standard eyebrow transplant typically varies. A complete eyebrow transplant may cost up to 3,600 Euros.
Many people decide to go abroad for hair transplant treatments, because the same service is offered at a much lower price in other countries, e.g. in Istanbul, Turkey prices for eyebrow transplantation start from 990 Euro.
get a Free consultation
We would be pleased to talk about your expectations.
You can contact us by phone or Whatsapp +90 537 977 89 75, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the contact form.
We will respond to your request within less than 48 hours.
Note: Our contracted hospitals, clinics and physicians will get in touch with you regarding the treatment you have requested.