Breast reduction surgeries are often sought out by women who suffer from health problems or who wish to adjust the size of their breasts to better suit their body proportions. Germany has become a popular destination for this type of surgery due to its reputation for high-quality and affordable plastic surgery.
This page provides important information for those considering breast reduction surgery in Germany, including costs, before-and-after pictures, and a list of the best clinics in Berlin.
It is worth mentioning that before making any decision, patients are advised to do their research, consult with a plastic surgeon, and fully understand the procedure, the risks and the expected outcomes.
What is Breast Reduction Surgery?
Breast reduction surgery, also known as reduction mammoplasty, is a procedure that aims to reduce the size of the breasts by removing excess fat, tissue and skin.
Like for breast augmentation, there are also various techniques that can be used to perform breast reduction surgery, and the plastic surgeon will determine the best technique to use based on the patient's individual needs.
In most cases, the surgeon will make incisions around the areola and along each breast, remove the excess tissue and reshape the breast, repositioning the nipple and areola.
It's important to note that breast reductions performed for health problems, such as chronic back and neck pain, spinal problems and other related issues, may be covered by health insurance. It is recommended to check with your health insurance provider in your home country to see if the treatment cost is covered and if it's possible to have the surgery done there without additional cost.
Things You Should Know Before Your Breast Reduction in Germany
- The result of a successful breast reduction surgery can alleviate the physical pain caused by large breasts permanently.
- While the surgeon will aim to achieve symmetry between the breasts, there may be slight discrepancies in size and shape.
- Berlin is home to many specialists and excellent clinics that offer breast reduction surgery.
- Patients should plan to spend at least 7 days in Berlin for the procedure.
- Before the surgery, patients should refrain from smoking and drinking alcohol for at least one week.
- After the surgery, patients will need to wear a surgical bra for several weeks.
- Because of this, many women choose to avoid having the surgery during the summer months.
- In the days following the procedure, it is important to take it easy and avoid making any sudden movements.
- It is normal for the breasts to feel tense or hard, as the hematomas will go away within 2 weeks.
- Sports exercises should be avoided for at least 6 weeks after the surgery.
- It's important to keep in mind that although you will see the results immediately, it may take months for the swelling to completely go down and for the surgical scars to fade.
- After the surgery, patients should sleep on their back for at least one week.
- The swelling usually heals within 2 months.
- The final result of the procedure often shows over the course of the next 2-3 months.
- The full recovery takes between 6 and 12 months. I
- t's worth noting that aging, weight gain or loss can affect the shape and size of the breasts, over time.
Procedure of Breast Reduction in Berlin/Germany
The process for breast reduction surgery in Berlin typically starts with sending your medical history and pictures of your breasts to the clinic. Your plastic surgeon will review this information and ask you some questions to plan the surgery according to your needs and goals. An online consultation will be scheduled to discuss the best surgical method for your particular case, as well as other important details.
Once you arrive in Berlin, you will have a consultation and physical exam with your plastic surgeon. During this visit, your surgeon will examine and measure your breasts, review your medical history, and take pictures of your breasts and possibly a mammogram for your medical record. In some cases, various lab tests may also be needed.
The procedure is usually done the next day under general anesthesia, and patients are advised to come with an empty stomach. A blood test will be taken before the surgery. The duration of a standard breast reduction typically ranges from 2 to 4 hours. If a breast lift or nipple correction is done during the same procedure, the duration of the surgery may be extended by 1 to 2 hours.
Patients typically only need to stay in the hospital for one night, and will be asked to come back for follow-up visits to check their recovery and remove stitches. A final check-up and conversation is typically scheduled a few days later.
How Much is Breast Reduction in Germany?
The cost of breast reduction surgery in Berlin can vary depending on the clinic, the surgeon, and the technique used. It's important to note that this cost may not include additional expenses such as pre-surgery lab tests, post-surgery follow-up visits, anesthesia, and medications. It is recommended to contact the clinic and discuss the cost of the procedure with them to have a better idea of the overall expense and what is included.
Breast Reduction Before and After Pictures
get a Free consultation
We would be pleased to talk about your expectations.
You can contact us by phone or Whatsapp +90 537 977 89 75, email to email@example.com or by using the contact form.
We will respond to your request within less than 48 hours.
Note: Our contracted hospitals, clinics and physicians will get in touch with you regarding the treatment you have requested.